Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for employment?
State licensure as EMT or Paramedic. All operational candidates must be currently certified in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers. Paramedics must also have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification. Within 14 days of hire all candidates must obtain ICS 100, 200, 700, 800, Hazardous Materials Awareness and Bloodborne Pathogens.
What are the physical demands of the job?
Field employees must be able to lift up to 150 pounds safely. Once a position is offered, candidates must successfully complete the Avesta Physical Ability Test. These test criteria measure abilities such as strength, muscular flexibility, and stamina.
Examples of the test criteria include:
- Muscular Tension – Tasks requiring pushing, pulling, lifting
- Fine Motor Skills – Tasks requiring the individual to perform dexterity and fi ne motor skills after being physically taxed
- Muscular Endurance – Tasks involving repetitions of exercises (e.g., carrying objects up and down stairs)
- Cardiovascular Endurance Tests – Tasks assessing aerobic capacity
- Flexibility Tests – Tasks where bending, twisting, stretching or reaching of a body segment occurs
The Avesta Physical Ability Test closely replicates actual ambulance industry job tasks. The actual test weights and exercises have been scientifi cally validated to objectively measure a candidate’s ability to perform the physical demands of the job.
Is MedicOne Medical Response a drug-free workplace?
MedicOne Medical Response is a drug-free workplace with a ZERO tolerance policy. This includes the use of prescription drugs while on duty.
What schedules are available?
A wide variety of schedules are available with the most common being 8, 10, 12 and 24-hour shifts. View available positions.
How do I apply for a job?
MedicOne Medical Response only accepts on-line applications via the Career Opportunities tab on our website, www.MedicOneResponse.com. Phone requests are not permitted.