|Job Title||Operations Supervisor, Nashville*|
|Location||Nashville, TN*||*Position is based out of Nashville, TN|
TITLE: Operations Supervisor
Directly responsible for the actions of all ambulance operations staff on their assigned shifts and have discretionary authority, within the bounds of the law and MedicOne policies and procedures, to lead any on-duty operations personnel. Will serve as assistant to the Operations Manager/Operations Director or administration to perform those duties as assigned.
Supervisor is responsible for management and clinical supervision of field EMS operations. Reporting to the Director/Manager of Operations, the Operations Supervisor contributes to the growth and success of the company. Supervisor will be on call 24 hours a day and held accountable for the success and continuous operations of the company. Should Supervisor be unavailable for operational duties, supervisor will notify Director/Manager of Operations or have pre-arranged an alternative member of management or assistant operations supervisor to assume operational supervisory duties.
Summary of Duties:
The Operations Supervisor shall exercise supervisory responsibility for the coordination and operation of the company’s day to day operations. The Operations Supervisor shall be the officer in command of all EMS operations when present and shall be responsible for seeing that the company operates in an efficient manner. Work in this position involves planning, coordinating, supervising and enforcing policy with the EMS operations.. This requires staying abreast of controlling laws, ordinances, and regulation that effect the operation of the Organization.
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of any personnel assigned to them.
- Ensures that assigned personnel are fully informed of company policies, local procedures and other information pertinent to operations.
- Reviews and acts upon, as necessary, all incidents, accidents, deviation/exception, and other reports forwarded from the field or Control Center. Checks reports for accuracy, completeness, and competence.
- Keeps themselves apprised of events in the field affecting MedicOne, including accidents, injuries, breaches of policy, inter-agency relations, morale, newsworthy events and superior/poor performance by field personnel.
- Responds to ambulance calls as needed. Routinely responds to calls where unusual or extraordinary circumstances exist.
- Ensures proper performance of vehicles and equipment by arranging repairs and preventative maintenance (in the absence of designated maintenance personnel).
- Attends meetings and maintains contacts with allied agencies at the direction of the Operations Manager and/or the Director of Operations.
- Periodically inspects field personnel, quarters, and units to ensure conformity with MedicOne standards and local/state regulations.
- Makes work assignments with available personnel. Monitors and modifies current schedule by staffing to meet the needs of the company.
- Works cooperatively with the control center to ensure that problems, issues, complaints or complicated calls are handled properly.
- Attends continuing education programs as needed.
- Assists the Clinical Services Staff in orientation and other continuing education programs.
- Performs employee performance appraisals for employees as directed.
- Performs corollary duties at the direction of superiors.
- Performs collateral duties as assigned by senior management. Duties could include fleet services, maintenance records, supply coordination, scheduling, et al.
- Issues corrective action, up to written warning.
- Serves as assistant to the Operations Manager/Director to perform operations oversight.
- Assumes manager duties in his/her absence when necessary and as they are assigned.
- May be required to work on ambulance and cover open shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of clinical skills in prehospital advanced life support.
- Ability to exercise discretionary authority (within given limits) with logic and consistency.
- Ability to objectively and accurately evaluate performance of others assigned to their shift.
- Knowledgeable in matters of employee health and safety and mindful of loss control.
- Knowledge of local, regional, and state laws, rules and regulations pertaining to EMS and ambulance operations.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to administer discipline effectively to achieve a desired result.
- Ability to minimize stress on their shift by identifying problems before they occur and effectively dealing with stressful situations that do occur.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The Supervisor shall have a comprehensive knowledge of business and personnel management procedures, theories, and methods; knowledge of budgetary procedures including statistical research, management, and report production; comprehensive knowledge on operation of personal computers, especially PC format software; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; must be able to communicate clearly with public groups such as elected officials, civic groups, news media, and other committees dealing with the interests of the organization; ability to understand
and follow oral and written instructions; ability to plan and supervise the work of others; good judgment, self-discipline and general courtesy and tact.
The employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, use hands to handle or feel. Regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
Experience in a supervisory capacity either in private sector business or emergency services with a demonstrated aptitude in areas as outlined above; completion of college level coursework in Business Management, EMS Management, or related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- National and State certification as EMT or higher.
- Minimum of six (6) months experience as EMS provider with the Company.
- Must be available for recall 24 hours a day for emergency situations. Must be at a designated phone number or able to be contacted by pager (provided by MedicOne Medical Response). If you plan to be unreachable for less than 24 hours, you must notify the on duty Field Supervisor. If you plan to be unreachable for more than 24 hours, you must notify the Operations Manager.
- Must be flexible in work schedule to meet the demands of the company.
- Must attend scheduled and called meetings.
- College degree in related field preferred (Bachelor or Associate Degree), or three (3) year's experience as EMT required.
Note – This job description is dynamic and subject to change by administration at any time without notice or consultation of employee.
MedicOne employs an Operations Supervisor to provide Administrative, Line Operations supervision and clinical coverage 24 hours per day, seven days per week. MedicOne requires that one member of management (Director of Operations, Operations Manager, Operations Supervisor) be available 24 hours per day, seven days per week. This will be coordinated by the Director or Manager of Operations.
The Operations Supervisor will be required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, 7 days a week. The Operations Supervisor will be required to work additional hours as needed and/or as directed by the Director or Manager of Operations. The Operations Supervisor is also required to attend all mandatory employee meetings, as well as training set forth in the Training Protocol in order to maintain credentials and "active" licensure status.
- As given by the Director/Manager to complete assigned duties.
- May place a unit out-of-service.
- Reports to the Manager/Director in the chain of command
- May utilize all necessary disciplinary steps as outlined in the policies & procedures manual. Supervisor is prohibited from suspending or terminating employees.
- Will be held accountable for all company operations and the management decisions that are made.
Note – This job description is dynamic and subject to change by administration at any time
without notice or consultation of employee.
The information provided in this description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this position. MedicOne Medical Response has the sole discretion to add or modify the duties of the position and to designate other functions at any time. This position description is not an employment agreement or contract.