|Location||Dallas, TX*||*Position is based out of Dallas, TX|
Under the direction of Supervisor and MedicOne Medical Response Management, the Paramedic will perform duties associated with providing transport services and emergency medical care to the sick and injured in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and MedicOne Medical Response clinical protocols and operational policies.
The Paramedic must possess and apply skills necessary to perform the duties of a Paramedic, in a dignified and compassionate manner, including:
- Respond to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently and effectively
- Administer basic life support to patients at the scene, as stated by protocol, enroute to the hospital, and in a pre-hospital setting, in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and MedicOne standards
- Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed
- Rescue victims of accidents, sudden illness or entrapment using proper rescue and medical techniques
- Communicate with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate center
- Maintain order at scenes, including crowd disbursement and restraint of family and friends
- Complete patient care forms, insurance forms, evaluation forms, and all other forms in a competent and timely fashion
The Paramedic must perform all job responsibilities in a manner that protects patient privacy:
- The Paramedic is expected to protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the Company’s privacy policies, procedures, and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principles of professionalism as a health care provider.
- The Paramedic may access protected health information and other patient information only to the extent that is necessary to complete the job duties. The Paramedic may only share such information with those who have a need to know
The Paramedic must possess and apply knowledge and skills necessary to perform the duties of an Ambulance Operator, including:
- Respond to instructions from a dispatcher and navigate specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations in a safe manner
- Ensure that vehicles are in good working condition at all times, are properly maintained and stocked, have all necessary equipment and this equipment is in good working order at all times
- Cleaning, organizing and restocking vehicles in a “Ready” condition after each transport
- Handle telephone communications professionally and efficiently with careful regard to patient privacy
- Coordinate requests for non-emergency transports
- Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with the dispatcher
- Perform life-saving operations
The Paramedic must perform routine tasks in and around the ambulance service building, including:
- Checking, restocking, inventorying and cleaning any vehicle operated by MedicOne Medical Response
- Representing the ambulance service while on duty at public service functions, expositions, and other public events
- Providing ambulance stand-by services at sporting events or any other activities designated by Management
- Performing any other duty related to MedicOne Medical Response as designated by Management
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of AEMT course of study
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Current State Issued Driver’s License
- Current State Paramedic Certification/License
- Currrent ACLS Certification
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer and/or American Heart Association BCLS certification and/or ASHI CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- The position requires one year of experience in the field of rescue and emergency medical services
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MedicOne Medical Response is an equal opportunity employer. MedicOne Medical Response prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. MedicOne Medical Response conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
MedicOne Medical Response participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).