|Job Title||Fleet Technician*|
|Location||Memphis, TN*||*Position is based out of Memphis, TN|
POSITION TITLE: Fleet Technician (EVT)
Reports to: Regional Fleet Manager
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY:
Perform maintenance and diagnose problems on Emergency Vehicles in a safe, efficient and quality manner.
Perform repairs on Emergency Vehicles in accordance with Federal & State Regulations & OEM Specifications to maintain the safety and reliability of the Emergency Vehicle.
Performs detailed Inspections of all systems on Emergency Vehicles to verify proper operation, such as: lights (exterior, operator & patient compartments), sirens, radios, suction & ventilation systems, HVAC and many other systems.
Working conditions: Frequently works outdoors in adverse weather conditions. Exposed to noise, oils, odors, tight confines and heights.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Perform repair work on Emergency Vehicles such as breakdowns, malfunctions and emergency roadside repair in a safe, efficient and quality manner.
- Perform operation test prior to making any repairs to verify complaints.
- Diagnose cause of malfunction and perform repairs to Federal, State Regulations & OEM Specifications including engines, transmissions, suspension, steering, fuel (gas and diesel), electrical/electronic systems, brakes, and HVAC systems
- Adhere to parts ordering procedures for Fleet operations.
- Perform final operational test on all vehicles to verify all repairs.
- Complete all work orders in Epro, including documenting correct mileage and engine hours (where applicable), scanning and attaching all documents and invoices to electronic work orders in Epro. Plus, printing and retaining hard copies in secured filing system for reviews and transference to new owners when unit is retired.
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on Emergency Vehicles to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance Inspections (PMI) on Emergency Vehicles such as Lube, Oils and Filter (LOF) changes, safety inspections, and brake repairs.
- Inspect Emergency Vehicle to determine if any additional safety or repair work is required.
- Inspect, maintain and repair Emergency Vehicles to maintain the safety and reliability of the unit.
- Visually inspect structural integrity of Emergency Vehicles and report any deficiencies so that they may be corrected in a timely manner.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance Inspections (PMI) and repairs to Emergency Vehicles in accordance with manufacturer's guidelines.
- Perform maintenance and repair welding on Emergency Vehicles.
- Inspect for cracks or damage to assess needed repair.
- Fabricate parts as needed to complete repair, including any design work.
- Perform welding repair to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Keep shop floor clean of grease and oil to prevent slip hazards.
- All other additional duties as assigned by Regional Fleet Manager
Automotive Technical Training with 2 years related experience and/or military experience related to vehicle repair (DD214 required).
Must be at least 21 years of age in order to operate company vehicles
Class A CDL or able to obtain H endorsement on license
ASE Certifications in gas, diesel and electrical/electronic (Highly Desired)
EVT Certification (Highly Desired)
609 License (Highly Desired)
Current and valid driver’s license
Candidate will have 6 months to acquire ASE, EVT & 609 Licenses
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of gas & diesel engines and controls
Knowledge of electrical/electronic controls
Knowledge of transmissions and controls
Knowledge of brakes and suspensions
Skilled in diagnosis and repair of electrical and electronic systems
Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and reach
Ability to push/pull
Ability to lift /carry up to 100 lbs.
Ability to grasp tools
Ability to discern color
Repetitive motion: wrenches