|Job Title||Vehicle Service Technician - FT|
POSITION TITLE: Vehicle Service Technician
Reports to: Supervisor
Employees Supervised/Directed: None
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY: Responsible for the cleaning and stocking of vehicles and maintaining supplies/materials. Will assist in general maintenance and upkeep of buildings. Will function as a driver as needed. Note: Is not responsible for routine cleaning and stocking of units during the shift. This should be done by the units’ crew.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stocks vehicles in preparation for on-coming crews.
- Performs terminal cleaning and restocking of units from off-going crews.
- Performs inventory on expendable medical and janitorial supplies; stocks as necessary.
- Assists in relaying units for maintenance.
- Relays equipment to appropriate destination for repairs.
- Performs routine checks and preparation of bio-medical equipment and performs minor troubleshooting procedures.
- Performs laundry duties.
- Cleans and performs upkeep at the main station.
- Assists with maintenance and upkeep of substations and grounds.
- May perform as an EMS Driver on the ambulance or wheelchair van as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance of generators, stretchers and other equipment as directed.
- Makes routine checks of vehicles, equipment, building and systems, and completes reports/forms as required.
- Responsible for precepting new employees and observers as directed.
- The senior Service Technician on duty may function as the Service Technician Shift Leader if necessary. The Logistics Manager/Support Services Supervisor will delineate duties of the Shift Leader.
- Other duties as assigned