|Job Title||Wheelchair Van Driver|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift, Weekends|
POSITION: Wheelchair Van Driver
The Wheelchair Van Driver is responsible for providing safe transportation for mobility impaired individuals by vehicle and assistance with ambulation or wheelchair. The wheelchair van driver has the primary responsibility of transportation and assistance and will not administer any type of medical aid.
The Wheelchair Van Driver must possess and apply skills necessary to perform the duties of a Wheelchair Van Driver, in a dignified, compassionate and customer oriented manner, including:
- Respond to calls calmly, efficiently and effectively.
- Communicate with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or to arrange reception of patients to the appropriate center.
- Assists clients and customers to and from destinations with ambulation or by wheelchair.
- Responsible for the operation of the wheelchair van in accordance with federal, state and local laws as well as MedicOne Medical Response policies and procedures.
- Performs routine maintenance checks on vehicles and corrects issues appropriately.
- Assures that the transport vehicle is safely maintained and operated.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and customer contact forms.
- Attends and complete training education sessions as required.
- Performs daily station duties and maintains vehicle cleanliness as outlined in MedicOne Medical Response policies.
- Perform and operate wheelchair lift van in a safe manner.
The person functioning in this role must be able to:
- Communicate verbally via telephone and radio equipment
- Lift, balance and carry up to 125 pounds (250 with assistance)
- Interpret written, oral and diagnostic form instructions
- Use good judgment
- Remain calm in high stress situations
- Work effectively in an environment with loud noises and flashing lights
- Read and understand English language manuals and road maps
- Accurately discern street signs and house numbers
- Document in writing all relevant information
- Converse in English with coworkers and healthcare staff
- Demonstrate good manual dexterity
- Bend, stoop, and crawl on uneven terrain
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of personal computers and standard office equipment
- High School Diploma or GED required
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Current State issued Driver’s License
- CPR Certification from the American Heart Association or the ability to obtain within 3 months of employment
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MedicOne Medical Response is an equal opportunity employer. MedicOne Medical Response prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. MedicOne Medical Response conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
MedicOne Medical Response participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).