|Job Title||Paramedic Lead|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift|
POSITION: Paramedic Lead
The Paramedic Lead will serve as assistant and relief to Operations Supervisor. The Paramedic Lead is a full time field EMS provider that serves a supervision position in the field.
The Paramedic Lead must possess and apply skills necessary to perform the duties of a Paramedic, in a dignified and compassionate manner, including:
- Oversees task performance of those assigned and makes or approves all decisions requiring interpretation of clinical delivery and company policies.
- Monitors performance of crew members and peers, corrects errors as necessary, and provides training and feedback.
- Evaluates performance of crew-members and peers and submits written and verbal reports as required or requested. They can perform audit and inspection duties usually done Supervisor, i.e., check reports, perform diagnosis coding, issue supplies, sign off manifest, inspect vehicles and stations, etc.
- As a management representative in the field, s/he has the duty to advise, assist or offer service to other co-workers and positions with authority to influence the decisions made by peers. Paramedic Lead cannot issue corrective action. S/he may issue coaching as needed.
- Represents the company to outside organizations, agencies, facilities, and at special events as assigned.
- Must attend Operations staff meetings and other specified meetings required by the Operations Department.
- Serves as a leader and role-model when responding to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols, and company policies. Assists the Field Supervisor with station and shift duties when time permits or when the Field Supervisor is over-burdened with these tasks.
- Assists the Education and Training Department in orientation and other continuing education programs.
- Additional duties designated by Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, Director of Operations &/or Sr. administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures and be able to interpret these for others.
- Must demonstrate ability to solve unusual problems and give precise direction.
- Must have above average teaching and motivational abilities.
- Must have above average ability to work cooperatively, courteously, and professionally with co-workers, customers, the public, and governmental agencies in an often demanding environment.
- Must have above average knowledge of local, regional, state and federal laws, rules and regulations pertaining to EMS and ambulance operations.
- Ability to counsel employees effectively to achieve a desired result.
- Ability to gain respect from others rather than demanding it
- Ability to counsel co-workers by assessing personal competencies, values, and goals, and identifying and planning for development.
- Ability to serve as an instructor by presenting information and directing structured learning experiences so that individuals learn.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Successful completion of Paramedic course of study
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- Current State Issued Driver’s License
- Current State Paramedic Certification/License
- Current ACLS Certification
- American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer and/or American Heart Association BCLS certification and/or ASHI CPR for the Professional Rescuer.
- The position requires one year of experience in the field of rescue and emergency medical services operating as a licensed Paramedic
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
MedicOne Medical Response is an equal opportunity employer. MedicOne Medical Response prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. MedicOne Medical Response conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
MedicOne Medical Response participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).