|Job Title||Communication Center Manager|
TITLE : Communication Center Manager
ORGANIZATION : Communications
EXEMPTION STATUS (FSLA): Exempt
SUPERVISED BY : Director of Communications
LOCATION: Farmers Branch, TX
Directly oversee all aspects of the Ambulance Control Center and ensures Controller performance and staffing is consistent with internal and external guidelines and protocols.
Overview of responsibilities (full job description)
- Directly oversee all aspects of the Ambulance Control Center and ensures Controller performance and staffing is consistent with internal and external guidelines and protocols.
- Recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, scheduling, and supervision of all call processors and Controllers.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of company resources in the field by the controllers.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of company resources in the Control Center.
- Assure all controller radio compliance with Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations.
Reporting and Development:
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures, and protocols and thereby insuring compliance with such policies, procedures, and protocols
- Develop guidelines and protocols as needed to ensure performance standards of the company.
Quality Assurance / Audit :
- Responsible for developing and overseeing all QA/QI systems for all clinical and operational activities within the control center.
- Perform audits and measure call intake to controller ratio to assure our internal guidelines set meet expectations as call flow changes.
- Perform audits and measure call processing times for controllers to assure our internal guidelines set meet expectations.
- Monitor and audit CAD data to ensure proper medical necessity information is obtained.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: High School Diploma, Bachelor Degree preferred but not required.
Experience: Must have four years of work experience specific to supervising and or managing a Communication Center and or a four year degree in a related field of study.
License or Certification Required: EMD and EMDQA or obtained within 6 months of hire
~A different combination of education and experience may be acceptable if deemed equivalent.~
Skill and Ability to:
- Must have previous manager experience with proven leadership abilities and be an agent for change.
- Must have the ability to delegate to staff members and utilize the communication center staff to their fullest capabilities while ensuring the accuracy of the projects
- Effective IT knowledge and background. Must be able to problem solve IT related issues.
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to train others.
- EMD Certification and EMD Q Certification is a plus but not required. Certification must be obtain within 6 months of employment.
- Must be an innovator and demonstrate “Out of the Box” thinking.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate positive, respectful behavior in dealing with people at all levels.
- Must have successful communication skills and ability to communicate up and down the organizational chart.
- Any experience in the following software or applicable other software is a plus but not required. (Firstwatch, EMS Anyware, EPRO, ESO)
- Requires intermediate to advanced working knowledge of spreadsheets, database architectures and database reporting in the Microsoft Environment (Office, Access and SQL).
- Knowledgeable of Communication Center CAD’s and CAD related products.
- Knowledge of networks and an understanding of the basics of how a network operates.
- Knowledge of phone systems, understands and comprehends the process of routing calls, voicemail, setting up extension and some basic programming of the system. Will train specifically to our system and have a vendor for most repairs and changes, but must have an overall understanding of how it works.
- Knowledge and ability to develop and update posting plans based upon a changing demand.
- Knowledgeable and able to complete a demand analysis on a routine basis to assure supply matches demand.