|Job Title||Business Development Manager|
Summary of Duties:
The Business Development Manager will serve as a liaison to existing and potential customers. The Manager is responsible for ensuring positive client relations, high customer service standards, maximizing services at each facility, and the identification of new and potential business. The Business Development Manager may also have additional responsibilities for designated large accounts, and have management responsibilities for other Business Development Executives. The Manager may also have operational supervisory responsibilities where applicable.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing business relationships with clients and customers to ensure and contribute to the overall stability and growth of the company. Further responsibilities include:
- Initiate and maintain routine contacts (to include visits, phone calls and mailings) to existing clients in order to ensure smooth working relationships.
- When applicable, hire, train and manage the day to day activities of Business Development Representatives.
- Build solid relationships with personnel at various facilities in order to promote services and assist in the identification of new business opportunities.
- Working with operations, communications and administration to develop and implement service promise plans. Additionally works with each respective department to ensure compliance and quality performance on plan.
- Responsible for gathering of information regarding competition and have thorough understanding of competitors in assigned market.
- Work with administration in developing effective communication and marketing materials.
- Mentor marketing staff, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results.
- Agrees to comply with and ensure company compliance with all City, State and Federal laws.
- Demonstrate a professional approach to creating value and gaining confidence in MedicOne services from customers.
- Assist operations in the development of systems that encourage feedback from crews regarding barriers in service and service incidents.
- Work with operations, communications and administration to develop, implement and maintain an aggressive strategic business development and growth marketing plan.
- Respond to, document and ensure follow up to all customer and facility inquiries received from internal and external customers in a timely and through manner.
- Ensure that customers are served with respect, individuality, efficiently, and effectively.
- Work with operations and administration regarding expansion into new service areas.
- Ensure quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Participate in and conduct new employee orientation regarding the importance and goals of MedicOne’s Customer Service Policies/Procedures.
- Provide weekly report updates on customer interactions, marketing and outreach activities, customer complaints/disputes and resolutions.
- Work with operations and clinical educator to develop and implement a “marketing BLS outreach education program” for the purposes of providing BLS education to partner facilities and to educate staff on capabilities and utilization of MedicOne for transport services.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Business Development Director will participate in developmental and Quality Management with area facilities and agencies to promote company growth. This also includes the solicitation of 1st call/partnership agreements, city/county municipal provider contracts, transfer agreements, and additional government contracts that become available. Additionally, will participate in regional organizations (business related & civic) thus enhancing the company’s exposure to customers, decision makers, and key players in the health care and political arena.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The Manager shall have a comprehensive knowledge of business and personnel management procedures, theories, and methods; knowledge of budgetary procedures including statistical research, management, and report production; comprehensive knowledge on operation of personal computers, especially PC format software; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; must be able to communicate clearly with public groups such as selected officials, civic groups, news media, and other committees dealing with the interests of the organization; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to plan and supervise the work of others; good judgment, self-discipline and general courtesy and tact.
Acceptable Experience and Training:
Experience in a sales or marketing capacity either in private sector business or emergency services with a demonstrated aptitude in areas as outlined above; completion of a 4 year degree with coursework in Business Development, EMS Management, or related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Possession of a Paramedic License (State of Position)
- Possession of a valid Drivers License.
- ACLS, PALS, BLS
- BLS Instructor Status
The information provided in this description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this position. MedicOne Medical Response has the sole discretion to add or modify the duties of the position and to designate other functions at any time. This position description is not an employment agreement or contract.