|Job Title||Transport Coordinator|
TITLE : Transport Coordinator
ORGANIZATION : Communications
EXEMPTION STATUS (FSLA): Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY : Director of Communications
LOCATION: 1011 N. Galloway Ave Mesquite, TX 75149
The Transport Coordinator will serve as a liaison and coordinate patient services with contracted facilities, dispatch, and customer care outpatient facilities. The Transport Coordinator is responsible for ensuring positive client relations, high customer service standards, and maximizing ambulatory services at designated facilities.
- Initiate and maintain routine contacts (to include visits, phone calls and mailings) to specific contracted facilities in order to ensure smooth working relationships.
- Build business relationships with personnel at contracted facilities in order to promote services effectively and efficiently.
- Works with operations, communications and administration to develop and implement service promise plans.
- Agrees to comply with and ensure company compliance with all City, State and Federal laws.
- Demonstrate a professional approach to creating value and gaining confidence in MedicOne services from customers.
- Assist operations in the development of systems that encourage feedback from crews regarding barriers in service and service incidents.
- Respond to, document and ensure follow up to all customer and facility inquiries received from specific customers in a timely and thorough manner.
- Ensure that customers are served with respect, individuality and effectiveness.
- Ensure quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide weekly report updates on customer interactions, marketing and outreach activities, customer complaints/disputes and resolutions.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of clinical skills in basic and advanced life support.
- Ability to exercise authority (within given limits) with logic and consistency.
- Knowledge of matters consistent with customer health and safety.
- Knowledge of local, regional, and state laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to EMS and ambulance operations.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to make quick lifesaving decisions.
- Advanced knowledge of business, management, and fiscal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy required.
- Must score a level on an established test of general intelligence consistent with a management position. The profile must show that the individual can perform with management potential.
- Collects and analyzes data and makes decisions from a limited number of resources.
- Able to learn from on-the-job experiences and draw inferences from diverse sources.
- Able to interpret instructions and understand implications using a broad background of knowledge and experience.
- Able to draw inferences and set up effective solutions when unexpected problems arise on the job.
- Able to plan and coordinate logistics in an efficient and cost effective manner. Knows the key concepts and variables that define the ambulance industry (e.g., critical issues, economic vulnerabilities, measurements, information sources).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
Valid Texas EMT license AND 1-3 years experience in communications, transportation, and emergency medical transportation.
Must have strong knowledge and experience of operations specific to an ambulance company.
Must be available for recall 24 hours a day for emergency situations.
Must be flexible in work schedule to meet the demands of the company.
Military experience considered in lieu of educational experience.
Must reside within service area and be available to respond to system status overload situations as requested by the Communications Center, Communications Manager and contracted facilities.