|Job Title||Preventive Maintenance Inspection Tech|
TITLE: Preventive Maintenance Inspection Tech
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISED BY: Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
EMPLOYEES SUPERVISED: Functional authority with Service Technicians in matters relating to vehicle readiness, minor maintenance and service. Advisor to Fleet Maintenance Supervisor. Advises and influence decisions directly and indirectly relating to fleet maintenance, parts procurement, equipment purchases, and vehicle replacement/retirement.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: (A) Responsible for completing repairs, adjustments and preventative maintenance service and checks on company vehicles in accordance with prescribed preventive maintenance policies and procedures. (B) Responsible for accurate record keeping of all services and repairs completed. (C) Responsible for alerting the Maintenance Supervisor for any suspected or confirmed abuse of company vehicles/equipment. (D) Responsible for determining if reported failures are the results of improper operation by crewmembers, material defects, normal wear, or other causes.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Complete preventative maintenance checks and services on all vehicles.
- Perform Diagnosis and repair on brake systems.
- Perform and repair of electrical systems.
- Perform diagnosis and repair of air conditioning/heating systems.
- Respond to road calls as needed.
- Remain abreast of changes and trends in the industry.
- Accept other associates responsibilities and projects as assigned.
I. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITES
- Strong knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair and maintenance of a variety of automotive and mechanical equipment: operating principles of gasoline and diesel engines and of mechanical repair of vehicles ranging from passenger cars to those in the one (1) ton category.
- Abilities in locating, correcting and adjusting defects in complex automotive and mechanical equipment, performing skilled work in repairing, overhauling, and maintaining gas and diesel powered automotive equipment, intercepting and working from charts, technical manuals, and diagrams, using and caring for tolls and equipment used in automotive and mechanical repair work; maintaining detailed and routine records.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral manner.
- Ability to adhere to established safety policies and procedures.
II. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) years of confirmed experience as a mechanical, or One (1) year of confirmed experience after successful completion of an industry recognized trade school of college.
- Strong background in electrical, air conditioning, heating, braking, and power train systems. To included diagnosis repair.
- Must be flexible to travel to various other company sites.
- Must meet requirements of core job functions and qualification standards for Mechanics, Medi-Van drivers and Non-Ambulance service Technicians.
III. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The employee is frequently required to lift 50 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 100 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, handle, and feel with fingers.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, crawl and climb.
- Must have visual acuity of at least 20/40 (Snellen) in each eye, with corrective lenses and a field of vision in the horizontal meridian not less than a total of 140 degrees. Also have the ability to distinguish traffic colors (red, green, amber.)
- Must have quick reflexes.
- Must not have a condition that may interfere with the ability to safely operate a company vehicle.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The information provided in this description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents within this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this position. MedicOne Medical Response has the sole discretion to add or modify the duties of the position and to designate other functions at any time. This position description is not an employment agreement or contract.ï»¿